Important Info & Dates:
- July 1, 2016 – Admissions application opens for Fall 2017 (Please note that during peak application times it takes between 3-4 weeks to process an application, once all materials have been received. Applications for Fall 2016 are still being accepted.)
- September 15, 2016 – First admissions acceptance letters are mailed
- March 7, 2017 – Orientation Registration Opens
- April 1, 2017 – Competitive Scholarship Application Deadline
- Transfer Orientation for Fall 2016
- April 17 & 18
- May 22 & 23
- June 19 & 20
- August 14 & 15
- Join the Transfer Leadership Organization! TLO is a student organization and programming board that works to provide transfer students the opportunity to fully transition into the University of Mississippi student body. For more information, please visit: tlo.olemiss.edu
The University of Mississippi will provide you with a wealth of resources to succeed as a transfer student on our campus, and it all starts with this website. Throughout the following pages you will find relevant information on a number of topics to help make your transition to Ole Miss seamless.
The University of Mississippi is the state’s largest university, and as a transfer student here you will soon understand the value of an Ole Miss degree. Our graduates are industry leaders both statewide and nationwide, and hold top positions at Fortune 500 companies, in the healthcare industry, the legal profession, and many other fields.
I am a Future Ole Miss Rebel!
Are you an Ole Miss Rebel at heart? The University of Mississippi wants you to become a part of our campus community when the time is right for you. The decision to transfer to Ole Miss from a community college is an important one, and we want to help you along each step of the way. Sign up now to become a Future Ole Miss Rebel!
Once you sign up to be a Future Rebel we will keep you connected through Facebook, Twitter, email and direct mail to ensure that you have all the information you need for an easy transition.
Transfer Admissions Guarantee (TAG)
If you have been accepted to the University of Mississippi as a high school senior, but choose to attend a community or junior college first, then you can “TAG” yourself. The University of Mississippi will guarantee your admission for up to two years, provided you meet the following criteria:
- Attend only regionally accredited community/junior colleges
- Maintain at least a 2.0 GPA on all transferable work, as calculated by the University of Mississippi
- Transfer to Ole Miss within two years
When you are ready to enroll at the University of Mississippi, simply log back into your application and complete the following:
- Select the term you plan to enroll
- Select the campus you plan to attend
- Submit a new Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Submit the Community College Transfer Scholarship Application
In order to “TAG” yourself as a high school senior and maintain your acceptance for up to two years, simply select “Guest Access” on the myOleMiss portal. Then, you will click the “Admissions” tab on the home page and select “Admissions Confirmation.” Enter your application number and date of birth, and you will then be provided with the option to select the “TAG” program.
Transfer Admissions Counselors
Our Transfer Admissions Counselors are here to answer any questions you may have about the University of Mississippi.
Anna Lauren Inman
Anna Lauren has worked for the Office of Admissions since 2016. Anna Lauren received a Bachelor of Arts in Biology from Ole Miss. She recruits Community and Junior Colleges in the eastern half of the state of Mississippi.
Lacy has worked for the Office of Admissions since 2015. Lacy received a Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management from Ole Miss. She recruits Community and Junior Colleges in the western half of the state of Mississippi.