The University of Mississippi has many financial aid programs to help exceptional and deserving students, and 76 percent of Ole Miss undergraduates receive some form of financial aid. These forms of financial aid can include academic scholarships, need-based scholarships, grants, student loans, and work-study programs.
The Office of Financial Aid is located on the second floor of the Martindale Student Services Center, and representatives are always available and happy to help you through the process of finding and receiving financial aid to help pay for your costs of attendance. You will find advisors and graduate assistants on duty Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at the express advising station in our lobby when you have questions or need assistance, and there is no appointment required if you wish to sit down with an advisor for an office visit during those hours.
You can also reach the Office of Financial Aid via email at email@example.com, or by phone at 1-800-891-4596.
Start the process early and don’t miss out on opportunities available to you! For more information on an estimated Cost of Attendance, please click here. If you would like information regarding your personal Cost of Attendance, please view our Net Price Calculator.
Financial Aid for Transfer Students
The Office of Financial Aid is happy to assist you with finding financial aid to help pay for your costs of attendance.
- To begin, you should submit a University of Mississippi Admission application and a transfer transcript.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be considered for any need-based awards and/or student and parent loans. Be sure to specify our school code (002440) on the FAFSA. You may contact the FAFSA processor at 1-800-433-3243 if you have any questions.
- Mississippi residents should apply for state grants (including MTAG). If you are transferring mid-year from another Mississippi school, be sure to let the State Office of Financial Aid know that you are changing institutions so they will direct your funds appropriately.
- You may also be eligible for scholarships. We are proud to award students who have achieved academic excellence and those with particular talents and demonstrated leadership skills. You must be admitted to The University of Mississippi to be considered for scholarships. (Please note that scholarship eligibility criteria and amounts may change without prior notice.)
- Community College Scholarship Opportunities at the Oxford campus
- Community College Scholarship Opportunities at the satellite campuses:
Remember the following:
- Financial aid does not “transfer” from one institution to another. Each institution must evaluate students’ eligibility independently of other institutions.
- Check with your current Financial Aid Office to make sure you have completed all requirements for a departing student.
- Attend Transfer Student Orientation.
- Read carefully any correspondence you receive from the Office of Financial Aid, the Office of Admissions, or other departments on campus.
- Feel free to contact a financial aid advisor with any questions you have about financial aid at Ole Miss.